VOLUNTEERS NEEDED……. PARISH 100th ANNIVERSARY
The 100th Anniversary of Our Lady of Peace Parish is fast approaching … 2022 !!!!!! Several planning meetings have been held already and Committee Planning members have been listening to parishioner suggestions as to how best to celebrate this wonderful event. Calendar dates are being finalized for a “year-long” celebration. As we look ahead to the coming year we are narrowing down the choices on events that will be used to mark this anniversary. A listing of some of these events are listed below.
1. January...Assembly of “Goodie Bags” to be given to Parishioners
2. Part of a Team writing a weekly “OLP Historical Item” to be placed in the Bulletin
3. February...Parish “Soup Nite” in the Parish Hall
4. March...Float in the annual Buffalo Saint Patrick's Day Parade
5. Lent...4-day Parish Lenten Retreat
6. May...Parish “Marian” celebration at Fatima Shrine in Lewiston
7. June...Commemorative Family Weekend in June 2022
...5 –K Race on Friday evening
...Ice Cream Social on Saturday evening
…Parish Chicken Dinner on Sunday afternoon
8. August...Parish Corn Roast
9. September...Wine tasting event
10. October...Anniversary Concert
11. October...Mass with Bishop Fisher. Finger-food reception in parish Hall to follow
12. November...non-perishable food month-long collection
13. December...Closing year Mass and parish social, 12/8/22.
If you would like to volunteer to assist on a team in planning one or more of these events please e-mail or call the rectory!!
The next organizational meeting for this Anniversary Year will be held on Sunday, June 27th at 11 AM in the Parish Hall. This meeting is open to all who are interested in assisting.