The Rectory Office is closed, pending the lifting of NYS mandates during the COVID-19 emergency.
Our Lady of Peace Church will be open:
Monday-Friday: Private Prayer, 9:00am-3:00pm
Wednesday: Eucharistic Adoration, 9:00am-6:00pm in the Church
Saturday: Private Prayer, 3:00-5:00pm; NO Confessions
Sunday: Private Prayer, 8:00-11:00am
Please check our website or Facebook page often for updates.
Mass for the 7th Sunday of Easter, May 24, 2020
Greetings from our Pastor
I send warm greetings to you. I am Father Walter Szczesny, the Pastor of Our Lady of Peace Parish. I invite you to discover and explore our Parish website. I hope you will find it informative and interesting.
I also invite you to discover the vibrant Liturgical and Ministerial life of our parish. Perhaps you can see yourself becoming involved in our mission to imitate Christ as we are attentive to the needs of others. My door is always open should you have questions or wish to dialogue on your faith journey.
May God continue to bless you and your family,
- Fr. Walter Szczesny
Our Parish App!
We now have a Mobile App!! You can easily check the calendar, messages, bulletins, daily readings, and make donations through the App. The App links to our Parish website.
Find it in the App Store/Google Play by searching “Weconnect Parish App”, or download by texting:
ParishApp1 to 555888 for iPhone/iPad ParishApp2 to 555888 for Android
Once you have downloaded the app, select Our Lady of Peace Parish. From the menu, go to Message Settings and toggle the switch to green to receive notifications from our Parish.
RELIGIOUS EDUCATION NEWS
The Catholic Charities Appeal is on!!
Your contribution may be made by mailing a check to the rectory office, or directly to Catholic Charities, write "502 Our Lady of Peace" on your check to ensure OLP receives credit. You may also donate online, using the link below. Again, please select "502 Our Lady of Peace Church, Clarence" as the parish to receive credit for your donation.
Scholarship cosponsored by Holy Name & Altar and Rosary Societies
High school seniors who are interested in furthering their education and are active members of Our Lady of Peace Parish are invited to complete the application below.
Calendar of Events
- Father Walter Szczesny, Pastor
- Deacon Art Sullivan, Permanent Deacon
- Sister Barbara Bogden, Pastoral Care/Outreach/Bereavement/RCIA
- Anne Marie Ratzel, Religious Education Coordinator
- Ann Houseman, Parish Secretary
- Kathy Kreppel, Parish Secretary
- Trudy Wargo, Traditional Choir & Music Director
- Lizz Abt, Youth Choir Director
- Karen Abt, Youth Ministry Coordinator, Website manager
Readings for the week of May 24, 2020
- Sunday: Ascension: Acts 1:1-11 / Ps 47:2-3, 6-7, 8-9  / Eph 1:17-23 / Mt 28:16-20
- 7th Sunday of Easter: Acts 1:12-14 / Ps 27:1, 4, 7-8  / 1 Pt 4:13-16 / Jn 17:1-11a
- Monday: Acts 19:1-8 / Ps 68:2-3ab, 4-5acd, 6-7ab [33a] / Jn 16:29-33
- Tuesday: Acts 20:17-27 / Ps 68:10-11, 20-21 [33a] / Jn 17:1-11a
- Wednesday: Acts 20:28-38 / Ps 68:29-30, 33-35a, 35bc-36ab [33a] / Jn 17:11b-19
- Thursday: Acts 22:30; 23:6-11 / Ps 16:1-2a and 5, 7-8, 9-10, 11  / Jn 17:20-26
- Friday: Acts 25:13b-21 / Ps 103:1-2, 11-12, 19-20ab [19a] / Jn 21:15-19
- Saturday: Morning: Acts 28:16-20, 30-31 / Ps 11:4, 5 and 7 [cf. 7b] / Jn 21:20-25
- Next Sunday: Vigil: Gn 11:1-9 or Ex 19:3-8a, 16-20b or Ez 37:1-14 or Jl 3:1-5 / Ps 104:1-2, 24, 35, 27-28, 29, 30 [cf. 30] / Rom 8:22-27 / Jn 7:37-39. Extended Vigil: Gn 11:1-9 / Ps 33:10-11, 12-13, 14-15 / Ex 19:3-8a, 16-20b / Dn 3:52, 53, 55, 56 [52b] or Ps 19:8, 9, 10, 11 / Ez 37:1-14 / Ps 107:2-3, 4-5, 6-7, 8-9  / Jl 3:1-5 / Ps 104:1-2, 24, 35, 27-28, 29, 30 [cf. 30] / Rom 8:22-27 / Jn 7:37-39. Day: Acts 2:1-11 / Ps 104:1, 24, 29-30, 31, 34 [cf. 30] / 1 Cor 12:3b-7, 12-13 / Jn 20:19-23