Our Lady of Peace Church
10950 Main St., Clarence, NY 14031
716.759.8554 Rectory Office
Rectory Hours: 8:30AM-2:30 and Mon.-Thurs. and Fri. 12Noon
~Akron Clarence Roman Catholic Community~
Saturday Vigil: 5:15pm Sunday: 8:00 and 10:00am
Weekdays: Monday: 8:00am Tuesday-Thursday: 8:00am, Friday: 6:30am
Holy Day: Vigil Mass - 7PM and Holy Day - 6:30AM, 8AM, and 12Noon
Confessions: Sat 3:45-4:45pm, and on request
Adoration each Wednesday 7AM-6PM
The Holy Name Society will be in the church saying
Rosary and Divine Mercy Chaplet from 5:30 to 6PM. All are welcome to pray!
A Message from Fr. Walter
THIRTY-THIRD SUNDAY IN ORDINARY TIME
Today’s Gospel parable directs our attention to the end times and final judgment. Jesus challenges us to choose daily to increase the incalculable riches – God’s very Life – God has given us. This requires us to choose trust over fear, good over wickedness, disciplined work over laziness. Jesus challenges us to be faithful servants who choose to allow this Life to increase, to grow within us. To choose otherwise is to bury our very selves.
What are the riches God has given us? The indwelling of the Holy Spirit, union with Christ in his Body, adoption as God’s children and heirs of the kingdom. What does it mean to increase these riches? To invest in bringing goodness and love to others, to expend energy making God’s Presence in the world evident, to reach out to anyone in need. What reward do we receive? Even more of God’s Life, even a greater bond of unity with Christ and others. We find our very selves.
Every Wednesday, from 7AM-6PM
O Come Let Us Adore Him!!
The Catechism quotes Pope John Paul II: "The Church and the world have a great need for Eucharistic worship. Jesus awaits us in this sacrament of love. Let us not refuse the time to go to meet him in adoration, in contemplation full of faith, and open to making amends for the serious offenses and crimes of the world. Let our adoration never cease." (CCC, 1380)
Consider signing up for an hour to pray
before the Blessed Sacrament.
Adorers are always welcome to stop in and spend time with our Lord.
Formed is a Catholic online streaming service that provides movies, books, educational materials, documentaries, daily reflections, seasonal programs, lives of the saints, and so much more; all at no cost to our parishioners.
It is an amazing resource for our children, teens and adults that the Knights of Columbus and Holy Name members are proud to make available to everyone.
Many parishes throughout the country and in our own diocese, have made this program available to their communities and now we have it.
Use the links below to signup/view content.
Parish Mobile App
The WeConnect Parish App is available on Google's Play Store and the Apple App Store.
You can easily receive messages; check the calendar, bulletins, daily readings; and make donations through the App. The App links to our Parish website.
Once you have downloaded the app, select Our Lady of Peace Parish. From the menu, go to Message Settings and toggle the switch to green to receive notifications from our Parish.
Readings for the week of November 26, 2023
- Sunday: Ez 34:11-12, 15-17 / Ps 23:1-2, 2-3, 5-6 (1) / 1 Cor 15:20-26, 28 / Mt 25:31-46
- Monday: Dn 1:1-6, 8-20 / Dn 3:52, 53, 54, 55, 56 / Lk 21:1-4
- Tuesday: Dn 2:31-45 / Dn 3:57, 58, 59, 60, 61 / Lk 21:5-11
- Wednesday: Dn 5:1-6, 13-14, 16-17, 23-28 / Dn 3:62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 / Lk 21:12-19
- Thursday: Rom 10:9-18 / Ps 19:8, 9, 10, 11 / Mt 4:18-22
- Friday: Dn 7:2-14 / Dn 3:75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 / Lk 21:29-33
- Saturday: Dn 7:15-27 / Dn 3:82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 / Lk 21:34-36
- Next Sunday: Is 63:16b-17, 19b; 64:2-7 / Ps 80:2-3, 15-16, 18-19 (4) / 1 Cor 1:3-9 / Mk 13:33-37
The obligation to attend Holy Mass on the Lord’s Day is a sacred one. Anyone who is frail or at risk due to advanced age or medical conditions is always excused from this obligation.
However, those who are healthy and not at great risk, the presumption of the faithful should be that, unless they are at an enhanced risk, sick, or caring for others who are at risk or sick, are obligated to attend Sunday Mass.
Road to Renewal
The Diocese has embarked on a journey to optimize more fully parish and diocesan resources, and, importantly, increase the reach and impact of our varied ministries throughout Western New York. See the Road to Renewal website for more information.
- Rev. Thomas M. Mahoney, Pastor
- Rev. Walter J. Szczesny, Senior Parochial Vicar
- Rev. Arthur E. Mattulke, Senior Parochial Vicar
- Rev. Joseph N. Franz, Parochial Vicar
- Deacon Art Sullivan, Permanent Deacon
- Sister Barbara Bogden, Outreach
- Dan Pawlak, Director of Religious Education
- Karen Molitor, Administrative Assistant, Website and Social Media
- Sandy Coon, Bookkeeper
- Trudy Wargo, Traditional Choir & Music Director