Weekend Mass times, in the church:
Saturday: 4:30 pm
Sunday: 8:00 and 10:00 am
Safety is our number one priority. Although we are following the recommended guidelines for protection from the spread of illness, be aware that there is an assumed risk when attending Mass. Remember that, until further notice, Catholics in the Diocese of Buffalo continue to be dispensed from the obligation to attend Mass on Sunday. If you feel ill, have been in contact with someone who is ill, or are unsure about attending Mass, please remain home.
Sunday Mass will continue to be recorded and available for viewing on our website, Facebook, and YouTube.
Guidelines for Mass, set forth from the Diocese of Buffalo Worship Office:
- Bring a face mask, all parishioners above 2 years of age are required to wear a face mask in the Church
- Hand sanitizer is available at all entrances, we suggest you bring your own as well
- Pew ropes are in place throughout the Church, for physical (social) distancing. You may sit in the pews that do not have a pew rope.
- Within the pew, please distance yourself/family at least 6 feet away from other parishioners
- Missalettes have been removed from the pews, for safety/hygiene
- Please do not congregate before or after Mass. There will be no donuts and coffee after Mass until further notice.
- For the sign of Peace, give a smile, a nod, or a wave in place of a handshake
- For Communion: follow the directions of the ushers. The floor is marked at 6 foot intervals. Communion will be distributed into the hand only, not on the tongue. Lower your mask to consume the Eucharist.
- The Priest will return directly to the sacristy after Mass
Other Re-Opening information:
- The Crying Room and adjacent restroom will not be available for use during Mass
- Paper bulletins will not be distributed. The bulletin is available for viewing online, on our website
Saturdays from 3:30-4:15, in the Crying Room. Please bring your masks.
Weekday Masses, in the Church:
Monday: 8:00 am
Tuesday-Thursday: 6:30 & 8:00 am
Friday: 6:30 am
- For Weekday Masses, bring and wear a face mask, and practice physical (social) distancing (6 feet from those around you)
- Bring hand sanitizer
The Church continues to be open for:
Monday-Friday from 9 am to 3pm
Wednesday 9 am to 6 pm
A Message from Fr. Walt, July 2, 2020
Your generous contributions are appreciated to help maintain the financial stability of our parish during this most difficult time. Please consider mailing your contributions to the rectory office, or enrolling in online giving through
Monday 8:00 am
Tuesday-Thursday 6:30 & 8:00 am
Friday 6:30 am
Confessions on Saturdays from 3:30-4:15 pm,
or on request
The Rectory Office is closed to visitors, pending the lifting of NYS mandates during the COVID-19 emergency. For questions call or e-mail the office at the numbers listed above.
Mass for Sunday, July 5th, 2020
Greetings from our Pastor
I send warm greetings to you. I am Father Walter Szczesny, the Pastor of Our Lady of Peace Parish. I invite you to discover and explore our Parish website. I hope you will find it informative and interesting.
I also invite you to discover the vibrant Liturgical and Ministerial life of our parish. Perhaps you can see yourself becoming involved in our mission to imitate Christ as we are attentive to the needs of others. My door is always open should you have questions or wish to dialogue on your faith journey.
May God continue to bless you and your family,
- Fr. Walter Szczesny
Our Parish App!
We now have a Mobile App!! You can easily check the calendar, messages, bulletins, daily readings, and make donations through the App. The App links to our Parish website.
Find it in the App Store/Google Play by searching “Weconnect Parish App”, or download by texting:
ParishApp1 to 555888 for iPhone/iPad ParishApp2 to 555888 for Android
Once you have downloaded the app, select Our Lady of Peace Parish. From the menu, go to Message Settings and toggle the switch to green to receive notifications from our Parish.
The Catholic Charities Appeal is on!!
Your contribution may be made by mailing a check to the rectory office, or directly to Catholic Charities, write "502 Our Lady of Peace" on your check to ensure OLP receives credit. You may also donate online, using the link below. Again, please select "502 Our Lady of Peace Church, Clarence" as the parish to receive credit for your donation.
Scholarship cosponsored by Holy Name & Altar and Rosary Societies
On behalf of the Holy Name and Altar & Rosary Societies, the Scholarship Committee is pleased to
announce that the Third Annual Award will be given to:
Your prayers are requested for Isabelle, Thomas and Colin.
The committee wishes to thank all who supported the fundraising events that made these awards possible.
Calendar of Events
- Father Walter Szczesny, Pastor
- Deacon Art Sullivan, Permanent Deacon
- Sister Barbara Bogden, Pastoral Care/Outreach/Bereavement/RCIA
- Anne Marie Ratzel, Religious Education Coordinator
- Ann Houseman, Parish Secretary
- Kathy Kreppel, Parish Secretary
- Trudy Wargo, Traditional Choir & Music Director
- Lizz Abt, Youth Choir Director
- Karen Abt, Youth Ministry Coordinator, Website manager
Readings for the week of July 5, 2020
- Sunday: Zec 9:9-10 / Ps 145:1-2, 8-9, 10-11, 13-14 [cf. 1] / Rom 8:9, 11-13 / Mt 11:25-30
- Monday: Hos 2:16, 17b-18, 21-22 / Ps 145:2-3, 4-5, 6-7, 8-9 [8a] / Mt 9:18-26
- Tuesday: Hos 8:4-7, 11-13 / Ps 115:3-4, 5-6, 7ab-8, 9-10 [9a] / Mt 9:32-38
- Wednesday: Hos 10:1-3, 7-8, 12 / Ps 105:2-3, 4-5, 6-7 [4b] / Mt 10:1-7
- Thursday: Hos 11:1-4, 8e-9 / Ps 80:2ac and 3b, 15-16 [4b] / Mt 10:7-15
- Friday: Hos 14:2-10 / Ps 51:3-4, 8-9, 12-13, 14 and 17 [17b] / Mt 10:16-23
- Saturday: Is 6:1-8 / Ps 93:1ab, 1cd-2, 5 [1a] / Mt 10:24-33
- Next Sunday: Is 55:10-11 / Ps 65:10, 11, 12-13, 14 [Lk 8:8] / Rom 8:18-23 / Mt 13:1-23 or 13:1-9