We need your help!
Do you have a little time in your week to share with the young people of our Parish?
The Religious Education program is in urgent need of two adults willing to spend an hour per week before the 10:00 Mass on Sunday, teaching our faith to our students. Training and materials will be provided. Teachers are needed for 6th and 7th grades.
Please prayerfully consider this wonderful gift of your time.
Call the rectory at 716-759-8554, or email [email protected]
Until further notice, Catholics in the Diocese of Buffalo continue to be dispensed from the obligation to attend Mass on Sunday. If you feel ill, have been in contact with someone who is ill, or are unsure about attending Mass, please remain home.
Monday 8:00 am
Tuesday-Thursday 6:30 & 8:00 am
Friday 6:30 am
Sunday Mass is available for viewing on our website, Facebook, and YouTube.
Saturday 3:30-4:15 pm, in the Crying Room, or on request
The Church is open for:
Private Prayer: Mon-Fri 9 am-3 pm
Eucharistic Adoration: Wed 9 am-6 pm
Mass for Sunday, August 9nd, 2020
Greetings from our Pastor
I send warm greetings to you. I am Father Walter Szczesny, the Pastor of Our Lady of Peace Parish. I invite you to discover and explore our Parish website. I hope you will find it informative and interesting.
I also invite you to discover the vibrant Liturgical and Ministerial life of our parish. Perhaps you can see yourself becoming involved in our mission to imitate Christ as we are attentive to the needs of others. My door is always open should you have questions or wish to dialogue on your faith journey.
May God continue to bless you and your family,
- Fr. Walter Szczesny
Our Parish App!
We now have a Mobile App!! You can easily check the calendar, messages, bulletins, daily readings, and make donations through the App. The App links to our Parish website.
Find it in the App Store/Google Play by searching “Weconnect Parish App”, or download by texting:
ParishApp1 to 555888 for iPhone/iPad ParishApp2 to 555888 for Android
Once you have downloaded the app, select Our Lady of Peace Parish. From the menu, go to Message Settings and toggle the switch to green to receive notifications from our Parish.
Calendar of Events
- Father Walter Szczesny, Pastor
- Deacon Art Sullivan, Permanent Deacon
- Sister Barbara Bogden, Pastoral Care/Outreach/Bereavement/RCIA
- Anne Marie Ratzel, Religious Education Coordinator
- Ann Houseman, Parish Secretary
- Kathy Kreppel, Parish Secretary
- Trudy Wargo, Traditional Choir & Music Director
- Lizz Abt, Youth Choir Director
- Karen Abt, Youth Ministry Coordinator, Website manager
Readings for the week of August 9, 2020
- Sunday: 1 Kgs 19:9a, 11-13a / Ps 85:9, 10, 11-12, 13-14  / Rom 9:1-5 / Mt 14:22-33
- Monday: 2 Cor 9:6-10 / Ps 112:1-2, 5-6, 7-8, 9  / Jn 12:24-26
- Tuesday: Ez 2:8—3:4 / Ps 119:14, 24, 72, 103, 111, 131 [103a] / Mt 18:1-5, 10, 12-14
- Wednesday: Ez 9:1-7; 10:18-22 / Ps 113:1-2, 3-4, 5-6 [4b] / Mt 18:15-20
- Thursday: Ez 12:1-12 / Ps 78:56-57, 58-59, 61-62 [cf. 7b] / Mt 18:21—19:1
- Friday: Ez 16:1-15, 60, 63 or 16:59-63 / Is 12:2-3, 4bcd, 5-6 [1c] / Mt 19:3-12
- Saturday: Vigil: 1 Chr 15:3-4, 15-16; 16:1-2 / Ps 132:6-7, 9-10, 13-14 1 Cor 15:54b-57 / Lk 11:27-28. Day: Rv 11:19a; 12:1-6a, 10ab / Ps 45:10, 11, 12, 16 [10bc] / 1 Cor 15:20-27 / Lk 1:39-56
- Next Sunday: Is 56:1, 6-7 / Ps 67:2-3, 5, 6, 8  / Rom 11:13-15, 29-32 / Mt 15:21-28